Zadok the Priest • Dettingen Te Deum • My heart is inditing • Music for the Royal Fireworks • Let the bright Seraphim • Let their celestial concerts all unite
City of Bristol Choirs’s Handel 250 Festival opens in majestic style with Zadok the Priest, one of Handel’s most arresting and triumphant works for choir and orchestra. The other pieces in the programme are equally bright and joyful: the rarely-performed Dettingen Te Deum and the sparkling Music for the Royal Fireworks, played by the fabulous Emerald Ensemble.
The choir will be joined by soprano Christina Sampson, mezzo soprano Pamela Rudge and bass Martin Le Poidevin to perform some of Handel’s most beautiful arias.
Single concert ticket: £15 (£13 concessions, £5 under 18s)
Festival Ticket giving entry to the concerts on Saturday 28th February and Sunday 17th May 2009: £27 (£23 concessions, £8 under 18s).
All seating is unreserved.
How to book tickets
• By phone from the City of Bristol Choir ticket line on 0117 950 7055. Credit card payments accepted.
• By phone from the box office at Providence Music shop on 0117 927 6536, from 9am – 5.30pm Monday to Saturday. Credit card payments accepted.
• In person from Providence Music shop at 1 St George’s Road, College Green, Bristol
• By post by sending details of your ticket requirements and a cheque payable to City of Bristol Choir to 45 Avon Way, Bristol BS9 1SL
• Alternatively, click here to tell us you’d like tickets, and we’ll contact you.